Monday 9 March
Although it's wet season, the weather gods have been kind to us but at the terraces of Moray we get a bit wet. We visited Emilia's hometown Maras and the nearby pre- Inca salt mines. At beautiful Ollantaytambo Neil and I decide not to climb to the top of the ruins; getting some admin and online shopping done at a coffee shop.Neil continues to be a source of intrigue wherever we go. After one of the best lunches of our entire trip at Restaurant Apu Veronica and a stroll around town, we head for the station to get the train to Aqua Calientes.
In 2024 due to protests and strikes the trains were not running and Neil and I didn't make it to Macchu Picchu. Now we do. Agua Calientes is very touristy; set up to funnel 5000+ people per day through Macchu Pichu.
In 2024 due to protests and strikes the trains were not running and Neil and I didn't make it to Macchu Picchu. Now we do. Agua Calientes is very touristy; set up to funnel 5000+ people per day through Macchu Pichu.
No comments:
Post a Comment