Thursday 5th March
I arranged this leg of the trip through Rumbo Explora Tours. I like to go directly to local travel agents wherever possible and now I can highly recommend David and his team. Dulio drove us from Arequipa to Puno; 6 hours over the Andes. Highest point 4400m above sea level.
Casa Andina is a chain of tourist hotels in Peru. The Premium in Puno has great lake views but according to Fred, lousy background music in the restaurant.
Friday 6th March
Neil is still man down with a bout of norovirus that is getting our group one by one. The rest of us did a great day boat trip on Lake Titicaca. We visited the man-made floating islands of Uros. And the island of Taquile. Fred, Coenraad and Mylene took a taxi into town for the late afternoon and dinner but Neil and I are very cosy back at the hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment