Saturday 30 May to Thursday 4 June
I love Venice and I feel so at home when I'm here; 6 days is not enough. We shared an apartment in Cannaregio with Larry and Jean. Very local. Down a narrow lane and at the end of our, a hidden supermarket! Our group included Fred and Terri and Mandy and Tommy too. We came for the Art Bienale, we visited some neighbouring islands but my best thing about Venice is hanging out in Canneregio and the less touristy areas; strolling about and enjoying the food and wine! One of my favourite spots is Paradiso Perduto and this year, it's literally our local.
We headed straight there for live music and a very late and noisy dinner on Saturday night. Venice is not a late night city but Saturdays on Fondamenta Misercordia are a bit of an exception. We enjoya stroll, stopping for a drink or a coffee or a plate of cicchetti. Osteria Dei Mori and Antica Adelaide are a couple more gems we've added to our list this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment