Sunday 19 February 2023

Countdown to 60...the plan

When I turned 40 (in 2003), I just happened to have 4 parties on 4 continents. We were moving from the US to Singapore at the time hence a farewell/ birthday party at our home in NJ. We stopped off in London en route for a few days and I had a celebration at Boisdale Jazz Club. On my actual birthday we were in a bar on Bangla Rd, Phuket. My 4th bash was a party at our house in South Africa.

And so, when turning 50 came around in 2013, it just had to be 5 parties on 5 continents. Why not?

1. New York, USA
2. London,UK and Amsterdam, Netherlands 
3. Phuket, Thailand 
4. Johannesburg, South Africa
5. Perth, Australia

And so, at dinner for my 59th birthday, we hatched a plan to have 60 mini-celebrations each with a bottle of bubbly between this birthday and the big 6-0 in 2023! That's more than 1 a week! Paulet did labels for me and here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment